Friday, July 20, 2012

Top 10 - Mini Blog Posts

I feel like my brain is all over the place. My body is definitely all over the place, with a baby in the sling a toddler on my hip and two at my feet, I'm running around the house putting out a million small fires all at one. That run-on sentence should give you a clue as to how I'm currently not functioning normally, but I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Because I cannot form coherent thoughts right now (isn't it poor grammar to start a sentence with "because.."?), here is the top 10 titles (and mini posts) I thought of when I sat down to blog:

1. Potty Training Lazzy : Day 5
Lazzy has had one accident so far today and I'm pretty sure it was because I forgot about him. Pretty good for day 5! He's napping in undies and staying dry. WOO HOO!

2. Potty Training and Humility (alternate title: 1 down, 1 to go!)
So, remember how my perfect potty training plan works every time? Remember how I potty trained my boys at such a young age so that it would be easier on us all? Well, I'm now potty training a 3.5 year old and have NO idea what I'm doing!! Suggestions are absolutely welcome in the comments below!!

3.  Introducing : PINK!!!
No, not the singer. The color!! I've never been so thrilled about a shade before! Since I can't show you the girls, below is a picture of what's been introduced into the Robbins home!


4.  Lose 10 lbs in 2 days
Want to lose 10 lbs in 2 days? Chase 3 kids around the house while wearing a baby. Drink lots of water and eat their scraps. That's all there is to it!

5. What I'm up to lately
Laundry, potty, laundry, make food, potty, potty, make food, feed someone, wipe someone's nose, laundry again and lots of hugging in between.

6. Today I took a shower.
Seriously, I know it's hard to believe, but that alone is definitely post worthy!

7. Thursday's Date Night
Thursdays will be our new date night while the girls have visits in the afternoon. I'm pretty excited about that, seeing as how Dan and I haven't had a moment alone this week!!

8.  Loving My First Born First
The little ones mostly need physical attention from me which is so much easier for me to do. Task oriented - that's me in a nut shell. SO, it's been a challenge for me to remember to talk through issues with Elijah, to connect and make him feel secure. I have to be careful not to put too much on him just because he's the oldest.

9.  Love and Hope
This is my new moto. I don't need to be the best mother in the world, I just need to love these kids. I don't have to change them or fix all of their problems, but I do need to hope and trust that God can. That's it!

10. God DOES Love Me
When things get hard, it's easy for me to think "why is God being so mean?". In the midst of this transition from 2 kids to 4, it's been so so hard but I can see what God is doing. He really does love me and I know this because He is blessing me every day with lessons in love. 

2 comments:

  1. they're here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    OH MY, you must be wiped.

    what a hectic,yet wonderful time for you. take it one step at a time. that's all. don't worry about the next thing, just deal with 'this' thing. and know, that no matter what, you are making a positive difference in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you can even open the laptop right now. :)

    Congratulations on this new stage in life!

    ReplyDelete