Monday, November 28, 2011

Top 10 - Thanksgiving!

Top 10 reasons why I needed this Thanksgiving break:

10. Elijah finally stopped asking "when will I play with Amos?". That question was driving me nuts! We counted down the days until leaving for Amos' house. Elijah still asked about it everyday, even though he had a visual. The excitement was overwhelming.

9. I had been waiting for a doula client to deliver in time for me to travel. Then, she went past her due date, imagine that. The Partains decided to drive our way instead so we could still spend Thanksgiving together. When they arrived late Tuesday night, Elijah heard voices in his sleep and came out to play with squinty eyes. Thankfully my doula client delivered on Wednesday (a beautiful and quick birth!) and I was able to cook and enjoy the festivities.

8. I needed a break from the kids. As much as I love my boys, they wear me out! Awesome cousins are the perfect distraction. Watching the parade on a computer in the kitchen is too. This is so 2011.
Plus, the weather was amazing and the back yard was a hit.

7. I desperately needed some girl time with my niece Flannery. Living in a house of boys is fun, but I crave ruffles and giggles and pink. Flannery gives me all of that and more.


6. We all needed to connect with Family. The kids got to Skype with their Aunt Abby and Grandparents while also chatting on the phone.


5. Spent a lot of time in the kitchen cooking good food with good company. It's amazing how relaxing it can be when you're not in charge of EVERYTHING.

4. I haven't eaten an entire meal in a while. Thanksgiving was a long time coming.


3. Happy that Dan got to spend time with his buddy and brother-in-law Nathan. It's good for all of us when Dan gets down time.


2. I had time to myself to get caught up on laundry, dishes and City Thistle orders. And of course, I had time to give my little baby extra cuddles. Is it just me or do any of you have trouble spending special time with your second born?


1. I got to spend some MUCH needed time with Dan! It was great having him around so much. Plus, he's really good at taking over when your arm breaks from making whipped cream.


Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

0 comments:

Post a Comment