Sunday, September 4, 2011

Kids Say the Darndest Things


Context: While eating dinner together with Lazzy in the kitchen, Elijah decided to talk honestly about the condition of his heart.

Elijah: "Mommy, my heart is broken." said with head hung low.

Me: "Oh no! Why? What happened?"

Elijah: " Well, it's just dead. That's why it's broken." (now looking and sounding like Eeyore)

Me: "What should we do?"

Elijah: "Well, it'll take a lot of energy." (shows me his muscles and growls) "There, now it's better!!"




Context: After looking at pictures of Elijah's friend on her first day of school, he decided school was just the thing he needed in his life.

Elijah: "I want to go to school. I want to do that." he says while pointing at pictures of his friend.

Me: "Well, we don't have any money. You have to pay money to go to school. But I will teach you at home this year. It'll be fun!"

Elijah: "Well, I have money. I do! It's in my body!"

Me: "Oh, okay. But how are you going to get it out to pay for school?"

Elijah: "I don't know! I don't have any money holes." now looking pretty disappointed.


If I could be anyone else for a day, it would be Elijah. I want to get inside his head!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment