Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mom Mom day!

I HAVE to begin by bragging on my 8 month old. I swear he says "mom mom" when he wants me. Yesterday, I put him down for a nap and he was ma-yad! He kept saying "MOMMMM MOMMMM". He's done this a few more times since. I'm certain he was calling for me.

Can I just say how thankful I am that I am somebody's mother!? I love my boys so much. They are cute. They are fun. They make me laugh and force me to forget about myself, which is a very good thing.


As well, I am thankful for my own mom. Each year that I grow as a parent, my eyes are opened to the absolute strength and grace my mother must have had in order to raise me and my four siblings. It's incredible. Not only did she bring me into the world, she helped bring Elijah and Lazarus into the world, too. Words cannot describe the amount of love and appreciation I have for my mother.


I am also thankful for Dan's mom, Candace. She raised the most caring and loving man I've ever known. I owe her a lot for that! Heck, she raised three boys, two of which were twins. She's my hero!


Dan made me ginger cocoa pancakes and got me TWO Etsy presents, yay! So so sweet. As if that wasn't enough, we're going out for dinner tonight at the Brasserie in the Central District. Happy MOM MOM's Day everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment