Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Brothers

Elijah has truly welcomed Lazarus into our family. So far, there have been no hard feelings between the two boys. Eli greets Laz every morning, shares his most prized possessions with him and is nothing but gentle around him. Sometimes, Eli will just come up to Laz and say in a sweet high pitched whisper "Laaaaaaaazarusssssss, helllllllloooooo Laaaaaaaazarusssss." It's so cute! He hasn't gotten mad or jealous when I'm feeding the baby. He has never talked about Laz in a bad way. He was sensitive the weekend before Laz was born and a few days afterward, but I think that had more to do with all the company than anything else. Once everyone left and he had time to himself again, he was back to normal.

I think Elijah is so independent, he hasn't really noticed the change. He's never been one to cuddle with me or need me to play with him. I am always holding other babies in our church nursery and Elijah never has a hard time saying goodbye to us when leaving him with a babysitter (even a stranger!). Sometimes his independence makes me sad-I secretly wished that he would need me more. But now that I have two, I am soooo thankful for Elijah's flexible personality. It's really made the transition a breeze.


0 comments:

Post a Comment