Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Making me proud

Ask any of my friends what my favorite food is and they will quickly say "Macaroni and cheese". I loved it as a child, craved it during both pregnancies, and now try to enjoy it with my two year old. Notice I used the word "try". That's because for some crazy reason or another, Elijah has not taken any interest in the food. I've tried to offer it numerous times, especially over the last 7 months and he just wouldn't like it. This broke my heart. I felt like a football fanatic dad who's kid hates sports and asks to take ballet lessons. Instead of wanting Macaroni and cheese, Eli prefers spicy sauces, tofu, marinated grilled tuna, feta cheese, and lemon wedges. Don't get me wrong, I am SOOOO thankful to have a kid who is willing to eat almost anything. I just wish he would put his twu twu eating habits aside and dig into a box of Kraft mac & cheese every once in a while.

Well last night, the little guy redeemed himself and boy was I proud. For some reason, it clicked and he ate ALL of his "cheesy noodles" in one sitting. I almost cried.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! I have perfected the art of making macaroni and cheese and have found that the character kinds for some reason, are creamier and cheesier. So I've been making Buzz Lightyear macaroni lately and it's been soooo good!! I cook the pasta to al dente or just undercooked. And then I add way more butter than milk (basically a small drizzle of milk) and voila! perfect macaroni and cheese! I made some tonight...amos barely got any after my taste testing! :)

    ReplyDelete