Friday, February 5, 2010

Eli and his most recent obsessions

Besides dragging his dawg around town with him, Elijah has many other new little obsessions that keep him quite occupied throughout the day. Here are just a few:

The moment we enter the Jensen house, Eli heads straight for the piano. He climbs up the bench and situates himself in front of the keys and begins to play. William and Sarah love accompanying him and often cheer together between songs.


Elijah still eats in his high chair most days, but lately, he likes to just sit at the table like an adult. He's actually really good at it. Notice his socks are on the floor...taking off his socks and shoes is another obsession that we are actually fighting against, especially in 20 degree weather!!!


I got Eli a little stool to help him with the potty, but Eli had other plans for it. He moves it all around the house for different purposes but it always ends up back in the kitchen. He pushes it up to the sink and says "beeeeees dishes!". He can barely see what is going on, but I know that in a matter of weeks, he will be tall enough to them by himself and I have no problem with that.


I bought a baby bouncy seat for our church nursery and we had it in the house for one evening. Eli wasted no time claiming it for his stuffed friends. Here, he is helping Bear Bear read a book while relaxing in the bouncy seat. I think he knows what to do with it because the baby I nanny for often sits in one of these while Eli is with me at work.


Lately, Eli has become very annoyed when a rug gets folded or messed up. If he notices a wrinkle in any of our rugs, he will quickly run to the problem area saying "beeees halp mama!" and then he tries to fix it. If it takes more than 3 seconds to fix the problem, he gets MAD! It's such a silly thing but it really matters a lot to him, haha.

Dan's friend Joshua brought over some big 3-D glasses a few weeks ago. They have quickly become Eli's "gassez" and he wears them day and night.


Eli has learned the joys of playing with his belly button and loves to do this while watching a show.


Elijah loves climbing into the mesh laundry basket and then walking around with it on his head.


The older he gets, the more we get to know him. Elijah is so complex, intentional and silly. I love spending my days with him. I love hearing his little voice echo every single word I say. I love that he wants to help me with the dishes and laundry and sweeping. I love that he plays by himself and creates little games with his toys. He is such a little joy to be around and I am thankful I have had this time with him so far.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! It's so fun to see what your little man is up to.

    ReplyDelete