Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Back to School

After a much needed break, Dan goes back to school tomorrow morning, refreshed and ready to learn. He had a great first semester and did well in his two week long Greek class over the break. He is truly in his element.

We both feel so blessed to be here in St. Louis. I think it's obvious why Dan is so happy to be here, but it has taken some time for me to figure out the exact source of my happiness. Over the last two years, I have struggled with having too many desires (all of them good) but having to choose between them, or rather allow God to lead me towards one and away from another. It has been God's way of teaching me to be a good wife and mother and to follow Him no matter what. He has taught me to desire what HE desires for me which often times comes with loss. The biggest loss for me relating to Dan's seminary education has been not finishing my own. It has been hard to let go of my own desire to finish my BA, but I am glad that I did. I could not possibly have been a good wife, mother and student all at the same time. It would have meant a lot of stress for our family, putting seminary on hold and thus pushing back our hopes to minister through missions in the future. I know myself and so I had to choose.

As well, I truly believe that God is leading our family through Dan and his strong calling to minister to the church through missions. I really am blessed by following him and supporting him through seminary. I know that God will use it for all of us, not just Dan, and I am thankful for that. I am so proud of Dan and I pray that God will prepare my heart for ministry with him, either through school or other experiences.

With all that said, here is Dan with his books (actually, there are more on the list that he didn't get!) for this semester. Please pray for him, that he would be able to balance his time well, that he would study hard and would be a blessing to his classmates and community.

To our supporters: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for generously giving with joy and carrying our family through this time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment