Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Living on the edge

Spending all day with a sleepy teething baby can easily put you on edge. I am constantly in comunication with God, asking Him to give me patience with my crabby baby. On top of getting molars, Eli has decided to switch to one nap a day. It's been a strange transition. It has been pretty hard getting him to go down for a morning nap, but if he doesn't have one, he is super cranky and sleepy. But, I've decided after a few days of one nap, we will get into a new schedule.

Part of me is sad because my little baby is growing up. I'm also sad because I no longer have two hours each morning to do laundry, dishes, write emails or just go back to sleep. The other part of me is glad to have all the extra time to play with the little guy. I am loving the fact that we can now spend ALL morning at the zoo instead of a measly hour.

Today, we decided to take Alia with us on our outing. We spent an hour at the library reading stories and playing with puzzles. Then, we took some old bread to the park and fed some ducks at a little pond. Alia and Eli enjoyed chasing the ducks and each other.


0 comments:

Post a Comment