Monday, April 29, 2013

Moving at a Turtle's Pace

The days are long but the years are short.

I'm really feeling that phrase lately. I start my day way too early. Before noon, I've already had a nap and three breakfasts. Lazzy dresses himself and the rest of the day revolves around the rain boots. They go on, they come off. Back on again, then kicked off in a random protest about nothing. They go on again. Then, they are lost and the sky falls.

If glamour could be measured in loads of laundry, I'd be the most glamorous woman in town. I probably answer 983 questions a day. In full detail. Sometimes looking up information or videos to satisfy a certain 4 year old's curiosity.

My Etsy shop is closed. I'm not taking any new doula clients. Do you hear the crickets chirping? Life is slow and I'm still getting used to moving at a turtle's pace.

I do know that I am adored. I am loved and I am cared for, not only by my amazing husband, but by my boys.

Since the announcement of baby number three, the boys are overflowing with love and care for me. They genuinely worry about how I'm feeling! So sweet.


I'm just soaking up these long days because I know in the blink of an eye, they'll be old.

1 comment:

  1. Being a parent is so weird- I am constantly wavering back and forth between being excited about the next stage and missing the previous stage.

    ReplyDelete