Sunday, September 9, 2012

You Don't Know What You've Got Till You Get More

I came across an old blog post about how having two kids was kicking my butt. Wow! I laughed.

That's not to play down mothers of two children. Truth is, it IS hard! Suddenly, your time and attention are split in half and it takes some adjusting. Going from two to four, on the other hand, is a serious slap in the face. Sure, we got used to it, but I don't think I sat down for 7 weeks straight unless I was driving the car.

I've been in Indianapolis this weekend visiting my sister and her adorable family. It's just me and the boys. Easy peasy. Strange how the same job can feel so much easier with just a slightly different perspective. I have enjoyed spending more time with our boys and pouring all my energy into them. Having the girls for a while and then letting them go really opened my eyes to how wonderful we have it. Our boys are strong and healthy. They are growing and learning without delays.

It's crazy, but I didn't really know what we had until we had more. Now that the girls are gone, I feel like I can see my boys for the sweet funny little people that they are and I'm absolutely falling in love all over again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment