Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Featured Etsy Shop - Africa Baby Company


Handmade Quilt for Baby Bed or Wall Hanging, African Silhouette Design
{quilts and blankets}
Y'all, I am so excited about this fresh new shop on Etsy. It's been in the works since May, but The Africa Baby Company has finally opened this week and I am thrilled to pieces. Not only because the products are unique, adorable and affordable, but because this shop supports a worthy cause. Kayle* and Eloise began this project in hopes of making a difference with the problems of poverty in Zimbabwe. They've hired three women who make most of the Africa Baby Company's products.

"By purchasing one of our baby items, you are personally supporting and empowering the lives of these women by giving them a job, a sense of dignity, a hope and a future!"

Owners Kayle and Eloise have worked so hard to build this small business and now, it's available to anyone online. So exciting!!

Africa Baby Company has various African patterns  to choose from  (animals, mamas and mini-buses!). The color combinations are endless!

Travel Diaper Changing Mat, African Mama Design


Hooded Bath Towel & Wash Cloth Set, African Animal Design


Wipeable Baby Pocket Bib, African Animal Print


I usually don't spend big money on fancy things for my kids, but this is worth it! I also love finding unique gifts for expecting friends. If you're like me and you want your shower present to be the talk of the town, please consider supporting the lives of these talented Zimbabwean ladies as you also celebrate new life.

*I met Kayle during our 6 week internship in Zimbabwe last summer. She and I immediately hit it off and I enjoyed getting to know her adorable family during that time. I can vouch for these items as I've personally seen their sewing room, materials and finished products. Seriously y'all, it's the real deal and you need to get in on this cute baby action!

0 comments:

Post a Comment