Thursday, January 5, 2012

Kids Say the Darnedest Things (Bull shin!)



Elijah: "Mama, what is bullshin?"

Me: "Bull Shing?"

Elijah: "No! Bullshin. It's from my Rudy movie."

{Putting two and two together, I realized he was saying bullshit. My face got hot.}

Me: "Um, well, bull shin (I just went along with his phrase) is a term grown-ups use when they are mad or they just can't believe what someone is saying to them. You and I say things like 'oh my gosh!' and 'no way!'. "Bullshin" might hurt someone's feelings because it's kind of rude, but when you're a big guy like Rudy, you will probably say "bullshin!" a couple of times, and that's ok. Just not when you're little."

Elijah: "Huh, well......ok!" 



2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! The things a kid can learn while watching Rudy. I love how you explained it to him, too. You're such a good mom. - Staci

    ReplyDelete
  2. bethany........that pictures is SO cute!!!

    bullshin, huh? i might have to use that one.

    ReplyDelete