Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday (THRIFTED)


Today's outfit is a bit more polished that the usual jeans and a cardigan. Still, I kept the price under $30! It also turns out that everything I wore was originally from Target. LOVE that place!!




<--I love the high waist of this skirt especially with the matching fabric belt.
The blouse is so dainty with the pleats and lace throughout. -->





I was going to throw my hair in the usual pony tail or possibly a side bun, and then remembered an easy hair tutorial I had seen. It's basically a side pony tail that you then flip up and tuck into itself. A few bobby pins later and you've got yourself some visual interest!








From Head to Toe:

Purple Blouse: Plato's Closet, $4; Xhileration
Skirt : Family Thrift, $4; Merona
Gray Chevron Tights : Bought new from Target on clearance, $2.49; Xhileration
Mary Janes : Goodwill, $3; Merona
Frosted Sea Glass Necklace: City Thistle, FREE (to me)

Total outfit cost: $13.49!!!

Where did I go/what did I do that day, in this outfit?

A long day at church with the family
Lunchtime with the fam
Nothing else special. It was a Sunday, aka lazy day :)

9 comments:

  1. A good feeling and you look good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is so cute! Do you still have the link to the tutorial? I'd love to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great outfit. :)
    Your hair looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to go to Plato's Closet, and we have two in our. I love that top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that simple updo. so pretty and romantic.

    love that top too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I SO wish I had pinned the hair tutorial! I think I just came across it and tucked it away in my brain.

    You do a Gibson Tuck (like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5JZOVnSjjE&feature=related) I did mine to the side. Then pin up the sides of the tuck so you don't have that big bulge.

    Does that help Paige?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nichole-I LOVE Plato's Closet! Most of the stuff I've gotten from there was even half off! I find a lot of stuff from Urban Outfitters, Forever21 and even Anthropologie!

    Plus, sometimes you can get a Groupon to the store. Even more savings!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok, found the tutorial for the hair-do: http://saralynnpaige.com/style/simple-gibson-tuck/

    ReplyDelete