Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Orange Glove

Over the last 6 months, Lazarus has claimed numerous stuffed animals, balls and blankets as his "lovie". The boy attaches quickly to things but he also seems to be on the lookout for the softest thing, usually with fringe. One common theme we've noticed-he likes birds. Maybe it's the feathers...

About two weeks ago, Lazzy discovered a twin sized orange knit blanket I always keep on the rocking chair in the boys' room. He began bringing the blanket into his crib to cuddle with at night and during naps.

I thought I might have to cut it into pieces so he could have a smaller version with him when we travel. I decided to bring the entire blanket with us to Tennessee last week, but after waking up with it over his head, I knew he couldn't continue sleeping with that gigantic blanket as his lovie. One day, my mom and I were shopping and she found a pair of orange knit finger-less gloves. Lazzy fell in love the moment my mom presented them. He grabbed a glove, squished it up near his cheek, and giggled. Instant attachment.

I love the idea! It's small and easy for him to hold onto while crawling/playing/sleeping AND I've got two of them! It's the weirdest cutest thing ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment