Sunday, August 14, 2011

National Breastfeeding Month

August is national breastfeeding awareness month. I would LOVE to be part of it, nursing Lazarus in public places with my reusable nursing pads and hip gray Hooter Hider. Only problem is, Lazzy weaned himself. On August 1st. Yeah.

SO, since I can't be promoting national breastfeeding month hands on (ha!), I leave you with this:



In all seriousness, breastfeeding is a strange and miraculous thing. After having two children, you'd think I was an expert. A few weeks ago, I was in Nashville training to become a DONA certified doula and boy did I learn a lot, particularly about breastfeeding and how to help moms get started. It's not always an easy thing to learn, although it is natural.

Anyways, there's a lot I could say but for now, I'm just sad/relieved that my baby weaned himself at 11 months old. I miss my baby and the few quiet moments I was able to grab with him throughout the day. I also missed my "freedom" and am glad that Lazzy and I are both a little more independent these days. I am always thankful that I was able to breastfeed both my boys for any length of time at all. Like I said, it's a strange and miraculous thing; breastfeeding.

CLICK for great resources.
READ about coping with common nursing challenges.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are doing some exciting stuff Bethany!

    ReplyDelete