Monday, June 13, 2011

We leave on Friday and I am not ready! I don't really like who I am in America...addicted to the internet and Target, a mom who grumbles when her adorable little baby wakes up from his nap, the woman who signs up for too much at the expense of her children...there's too much to do and I lack the discipline to say "no" when I should.

Actually, before we left, I stepped down from my nursery coordinator position at the church, so my schedule should be a little lighter. I just really want to hold onto these last few evenings spent on the stoop with my children and their father, all together in one place with no where to go.


My goals for after we return are to have fun with City Thistle, become a doula (more on that later) and only be on the internet when the kids are not around. We'll see if I can do it!

2 comments:

  1. I SO know what you mean. I'm a much better friend, teacher, Christian and person when I'm in Africa. I'm glad you guys have had fun! We should chat when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on only being on the internet when the kids are not around. I need to work on it so much. My problem since we have had kids is that the computer is in our main living area and there really is no where else to put it. But, that has just been an excuse, I need to use my time WAY better and be "things on the mind" free when with these sweet babies. I can't believe it has almost been 6 weeks. We will be praying for your safe return and I think you are a pretty great person in America :) but will always pray that God leads you guys where he can use you to bless others the most.

    ReplyDelete