Saturday, June 18, 2011

Back in the States!

Since Friday morning:
4 airports
3 flights
Countless lines
5 in flight movies
20 minutes of sleep
36+ hours travel time


I am sitting on my couch with my feet on the coffee table, Lazzy in bed and Dan and Eli playing trains. We are home. Our flight from Johannesburg left an hour late which then put us on a downward spiral once in D.C. We missed our connection and all other flights to St. Louis were booked until the 21st. Ha. Yeah right.

We sat in lines for hours, prayed and managed to grab some standby seats on a flight this evening. Praise God!! Thank you so much for all of your prayers! We really really needed them. It was such a tough time, but we got through it.

Our Zim stories are not quite over, yet. We didn't have internet during our last week in Bulawayo so I have a few more topics to post on before officially wrapping up our time in Africa. For now, I am just thankful to be home!

0 comments:

Post a Comment