Monday, March 7, 2011

Toddlers say the darndest things


My top favorite Elijah phrases:

"I'm leaving you." He says this when we talk about one of us going somewhere with him.

Most people say "Just kidding!" when they are teasing someone. Elijah says "I'm just talking 'bout the jokes."

Elijah is the most polite 2 1/2 year old I've ever seen. When he meets someone new, he always asks them "How's yer day?". He also asks us that when we've returned from the store or school. He also asks us this at the dinner table. It's so sweet!

"Bye bye pee pees. Have a good day in my potty!" said while flushing the toilet.

I'm not proud of this one (because I'm pretty sure I taught it to him) but whenever Elijah is trying to get Dan's attention and he doesn't respond to "dada", he yells "DAY-YAN!" really loud through the house.

"Sorry"-this one is said for any reason. He bumps his head? "sorry". He drops a toy? "sorry." Sometimes he is a little too rough with Laz. When Laz starts "telling on him" with fussing, Elijah will scream "SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY LA-ZUH-RUSSSS!".

"Here's Me!"- Elijah says this whenever he enters the room, a sort of announcement. So. Cute.

1 comment:

  1. Priceless. It is such a delight, I mean, you can see the logic in saying that he is just talking about the jokes. But don't get me started on all the cute stuff that Dan said when he was that age. I would go on for pages....

    ReplyDelete