Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day late and a smile short

Laz turned 6 weeks yesterday. To celebrate, he gave me his first big smile and just in time, too. I love being a mom, but those first few weeks are grueling. All the baby does is take, take, take until you feel like you have nothing left to give......then it takes some more. When your baby smiles at you for the first time in it's life, you are filled with an energy you cannot explain. You're overcome with joy and suddenly, you find that a bad case of amnesia (or perhaps shrink brain) leaves you refreshed, having forgotten all the sleepless night before.

During nap time yesterday, Dan woke me from a deep sleep so I could nurse Lazarus. He placed my sweet baby in my arms. Lazzy's eyes met mine and then it happened. His face lit up, his cheeks lifted making his eyes disappear, and his mouth was wide open as if to shout "YAY MOMMY!". Since then, I've been trying to capture it on film but haven't had much luck. This is all I could get:


Lazarus is turning into a little person. His face has really matured over the last couple of weeks. No longer squished like a newborn, his facial features truly prove that Laz is a Robbins boys. So handsome!

0 comments:

Post a Comment