Friday, August 13, 2010

Trying to keep up

Dan got a new job at a nice restaraunt called Monarch. We are thankful for this job for a few reasons: It's closer to home than any of his previous jobs and he only has to work 3 nights a week (granted, they are LONG nights). Still, he's working nights and that makes for one tired mama.

Every afternoon, Eli wakes up happily from his nap between 3 and 4pm. We spend an hour chatting and drinking milk, cuddling with doggy and maybe getting into some toys. Once that hour has passed though, the rascal comes out in full force and I can barely keep up. There must be an adrenalin elf sneaking into our house and giving the boy a shot or two. His energy suddenly goes through the roof! Usually, we spend the afternoon at the playground but with temperatures between 95 and 100 degrees, I can barely make it out to the car!

Yesterday afternoon, following a random 30 minute fit (compliments of you know who), we made it to a local coffee shop where Eli can play with toys while I read. The Jensens were there, too and we ended up having dinner at their house. I was SO thankful for the company as well as the fun distractions for Elijah. This afternoon, we might try to venture out to the library but will most likely be watching Wallace and Gromit on Netflix streaming. Dan's Hebrew entrance exam is next Thursday and I am doing all I can NOT to go into labor before then.

These days, it takes everything in me to just keep up with this busy little guy. Still, I wouldn't have it any other way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment