Sunday, August 1, 2010

De-clutter!

I'm in serious nesting phase right now. There are so many little things to be done: finish the rocking chair project, make Lazarus a mobile, finish a painting for our dining room, wash and prepare home birth linens, and generally keep up with laundry and dishes (just in case). In the midst of all that, I find myself de-cluttering the house as well. I've got a small box of things to take to the free store at our church.

I do not like clutter. I like clean surfaces with everything in it's place. I find myself spending at least 15 minutes a day putting objects and papers back where they belong. If an object is broken or serves no purpose, it goes out. This is especially true for my bedroom. Clothes, toys, and books are all put away throughout the day because I literally cannot sleep in a messy room. It needs to be serene.

I don't know why I am this way, but organization comes naturally to me. It's almost a hobby. However, I have friends and family members who really struggle to keep away the clutter. Lately, I've been enjoying these short articles through the Real Simple blog, and thought I would share a few with you.




If you find yourself to be the clutter kind of person, these articles might give you some helpful tips. If nothing else, they will at least give you something to think about when it comes to keeping your home 'clean'. For anyone who is interested in reading more about organization, check out Unclutterer.

1 comment:

  1. ...did you know that the name of my publishing company is "Cluttered Music?"
    no, really!!!!

    ReplyDelete