Monday, July 26, 2010

Wired and Inspired, again

Lazarus seems to be a little night owl. I find myself staying up say too late, hoping he will settle down enough for me to sleep comfortably. Sadly, this doesn't actually happen until sometime between 11pm and 1am. I used to spend this time finding inspiration through design blogs, but lately, I have been drawn to birth stories.

Every once in a while, I get a twinge of fear relating to the upcoming birth. I remember how truly amazing Elijah's birth was, but I also can't seem to forget how hard it was. I literally think to myself "Oh no! I have to do THAT again!?!" When fear strikes (usually late at night), I find myself being comforted by various home birth videos. This documented birth story in particular moved me to tears. The pictures are riveting. They capture all the pain, hard work, emotion and glory that comes with bringing a baby into the world. Watching birth videos and reading about successful home births brings me so much joy. It reminds me of the power our bodies have been given by God to bring forth life. What a huge responsibility and gift that is!

For those of you who can, be Inspired by these stories via facebook. Warning - birth videos (especially natural births) are not for the faint hearted. Click at your own risk.

0 comments:

Post a Comment