Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Boot Camp Potty Training-Day 3

My friend Alyssa let us borrow an Elmo potty DVD this week. While I am thankful for the relevant entertainment, I need a break! I woke up this morning with one of the songs in my head and decided that we would put that particular DVD on the shelf for today. So, Elijah and I watched a documentary on Sigur Ros while eating pop corn for lunch. Apparently, rocking out to Icelandic music is just as entertaining.

Elijah woke up with a dry diaper this morning and started the day with a huge success on the toilet (including both numbers!!). He's only had 3 accidents so far and lots of successful moments. We are going to our church community group tonight in undies, so this afternoon will have to be a little more rigid than yesterday. I really think he is getting the idea although he still needs to work on "listening to his body" as everyone calls it. I was at a meeting this morning, but Dan was able to report that Eli did recognize a funny feeling of sorts and then peed in the toilet without the timer going off. That is always something to celebrate!

It's nap time now and I am hoping it's a dry one. Dan and I stayed up late watching the same Sigur Ros documentary and I'm starting to feel drowsy. I will definitely need a nap to get me through the afternoon and our evening plans.

Just in case you are interested:

1 comment:

  1. Yay for success! Peter has been potty-trained for a year now, but he's only dry during naps about half the time and he's never dry at night. I really wish I knew how to finish the job!

    ReplyDelete