Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Seattle-Pike's Place Market

On Monday, we spent the morning with Dan's mom at Pike Place Market. While living in Seattle, I often took the bus to treat myself to fresh produce and flowers. I almost felt sentimental while riding the bus downtown with Elijah on my lap.

Waiting at the bus stop


The best part of our day was dancing with the street performers. Dan and I realized that St. Louis has none at all. There just isn't enough tourism downtown I guess. Elijah stopped in front of each one to shake a leg or play air guitar. They were all very talented, especially this one:

We had a pic nick at a park that overlooks the Puget Sound (and Highway 99). Dan had fun pointing out the ferry boats and mountains to Eli.


Elijah was a pile of beans by the time we got on the bus headed toward home. It wasn't long before he conked out on Dan's arm.

Thankfully he stayed asleep during our short walk home from the bus stop. Dan got off the bus in downtown Ballard to have lunch with a friend. Later that afternoon, Dan and I took advantage of free babysitting once again and headed toward the U District. We shopped around, he at his favorite bike shop....


.....and me at Urban Outfitters. I wasn't as lucky as Dan though. It's hard to shop while pregnant!


We had dinner at Thai Toms again (it's that good, and cheap!) and even caught a movie. With Elijah in bed and no time constraints, we ended our date on the couch of our dearest friends Brendan and Jessica. It was our last chance to sit around and make fun of each other for a long time. We stayed way too late and I cried when we left. Have I mentioned how much I miss my friends?? It was the perfect date night. I wish we could have those kinds of dates all the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment