Monday, June 28, 2010

Oregon: Portland

Last Wednesday, we headed south to Portland for Andy and Megan's wedding. Dinner at Megan's was the only thing on the agenda for that day, so we decided to spend some time in the city. Dan and I hadn't been to Portland since our mini spring break vacation in 2006. It was so fun to walk around, this time with Eli.

Our first stop was Powell's City of Books (of course!). I love looking for children's books in their foreign language section. For less than $20, I got 4 little French books, a children's First French Dictionary picture book and a French animated version of Jack and the Beanstalk. I can't wait to watch it with Eli. While Dan searched the Philosophy section, Eli and I hung out with the aviation books and posters.

We could have easily spent the entire day at Powell's but I got too hungry. After a snack of chips and guacamole, we were ready for some more entertainment. One of our favorite things to do together is listen to music at record stores. We had fun listening to the different artists. Eli found some especially strange ones. He was so sad to leave the music store.

That night, we had dinner with Megan's family out in Forest Grove. It was a beautiful drive through the Oregon countryside. I had no idea there were so many farms in the North West!

0 comments:

Post a Comment