Thursday, November 19, 2009

Seattle Secret

Last Wednesday, Eli and I got on a plane to Seattle. Very few people knew that we were traveling that day. That's because it was a big secret in hopes to surprise my friend. Here is the back story:
My best friend Jessica used to be a ballet dancer. She danced for many many years until she badly hurt her back about 6 years ago. I met her shortly after the injury and so never had the chance to see her dance myself. I have watched her walk through both the physical and emotional pain of loosing her gift of dance over the years. Just recently, she started dancing again with a small christian company. Her first performance was last weekend and I just had to be there. I've wanted to see her dance for years now, and am so thankful that I had the opportunity to do so.

I went to both performances. I got to take pictures of her getting ready and warming up. It was such a privilege to be part of something huge in her life. I felt so emotional the entire time, even crying during her warm ups, ha! I couldn't help it though. I knew that this was a gift, a huge blessing that she was even able to dance again, let alone perform. I was so proud of her.






After the show on Sunday, there was a party celebrating Jessica's achievement. It was so fun to rejoice with her while also spending time with my dear Seattle friends.

Eli and I stayed in Seattle for almost a week. We had a great time meeting up with friends and visiting with family.


Eli and Ezra had a blast together. They truly are two peas in a pod.


Ezra taught Eli how to play a "real" guitar.


Eli taught Ezra how to wrestle.


Eli helped Aunt Jesky wake up Ezra from his nap.


And the best part about the entire trip was not having tearful goodbyes! The Riberas are coming to our house tonight! I am so excited to spend more time with this little man!

1 comment: