Friday, March 8, 2013

Favorite Things - Recipes


Zucchini, Black Bean and Rice Skillet

This Zucchini, Black Bean and Rice Skillet it SO easy. When I have something that's about to go bad (say, a green pepper), I chop it up and throw it in the freezer. At the end of the month, I've got enough veggies to add to this skillet and the results are amazing! Just make sure you've got a can of black beans and diced tomatoes on hand at all times so you're ready.






There are so many banana muffin recipes out there, but I promise you, this one will NOT disappoint  I always use 4 bananas and honey instead of sugar. If you want some protein, feel free to add 1/3 cup of Greek yogurt to this recipe. It produces the fluffiest muffins!

Slow cooker Honey Sesame Chicken recipe is easy peasy and delish! I do NOT like cutting meat, so anytime I can throw chicken in the slow cooker and shred it for dinner, I am a happy girl. This dish goes well with carrots or green beans.

Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe




Craving a chocolate milk shake? Try this protein packed dessert smoothie instead! It's got oats, bananas, peanut butter, chocolate powder (I use Ovaltine) and milk (can use soy or almond if you want). Since jumping on the the smoothie train, I make a habit of cutting and freezing old bananas each week. It acts as the ice in this particular smoothie, but it's also a great way to use up the brown bananas that your kids won't eat.


2 comments:

  1. I made the smoothie for breakfast this morning, and it was an incredibly delicious way to start the day. Thank you for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete