Sunday, January 20, 2013

When They Need You

Poor Lazzy was sick all week. He had his first sick doctor's visit and practically slept through the entire thing. I've been comforting him in his pain and nursing him back to health.


My boys need me. They don't always know it, but it's true. There's the obvious laundry, cooking, educating, counseling, comforting and remembering small details like where the light blue 1 inch monster truck is hiding (somehow I always know where their toys are!). There are also the hidden ways I love and help them. I can turn tears into giggles and fears into strength. Well, not always.

Taking care of my boys on a daily basis wears me out, but it's manageable. For the most part, I know what to expect. But when my boys are sick, it throws me off my game. My organized schedule goes out the window. I drop everything so I can be available to them at a moment's notice. It's kind of like snow, or the power going out. Everything freezes and all that matters is the people nearest to you.

It's been a strange week but one filled with lots of cuddles and reading books. It was a hard week, but one filled with love. Still, I'm looking forward to getting my little Lazarus back!

0 comments:

Post a Comment