Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Giving thanks is a hard thing to do sometimes. It means acknowledging you've been given something to be thankful for. Most times, that means letting go of our control and admitting that our own abilities are not always how we get to where we are.

As a believer, it's important for me to remember that the one who gives is powerful. He does not owe me a thing. In fact, what he did owe me and could have given me is absolutely scary. BUT, He gave me His son (His forgiveness) and through Him, He gave me life. 

This year, I am most thankful for people. The people I am close with, the ones I miss, new friends and little people. Those that I get annoyed with and those I disagree with. I am thankful for relationships and how they have formed me, challenged me and supported me throughout the last year. I am thankful God has given people so much purpose and meaning. What a beautiful thing.

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!! Enjoy the day giving thanks!!

1 comment: