Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday (THRIFTED)

"What I Wore Wednesday" is a blog project that writers across the web participate in. They document their outfits through photography and share it on their blogs (Keiko Lynn is one of the most popular of these). I've always been interested in fashion and how people choose to express themselves through style and this is a fun way to browse people's closets, so to speak.

Today, I'm jumping on the WIWW bandwagon but I'm putting a little twist on it. The outfits I share (each Wednesday from now on) will be at least 90% thrifted (not including under garments).

Goals for this project:
  • Get motivated to wear my cute clothes instead of the shirt I slept in. Also, I'm hoping this motivates me to start wearing make-up again! Generally, I hope this helps me to get myself dressed at least one day a week!
  • Encourage others to buy used more often. There is so much out there! You do not have to sacrifice your savings for style. Many of the pieces I find are brands found at Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters and other brand name stores.
  • Keep the total cost of outfit under $30. With each outfit, I will share the brand name, store bought from and cost of each item.

Before we begin with my first WIWW Thrifted outfit, I would like to introduce you to my fearless (and very inexperienced) photographer. His name is Dan. He's the man of my life and very awkward with a camera. He's humoring me while helping me and I'm thankful.

One more thing. I am obviously not a model. After two pregnancies, I'm not the most confident person in the world. This project is not for me to brush up on my posing skills in hopes to become America's Next Top model. Dan and I will surely laugh through each photo shoot (if you can call it that!). The pictures will be cheesy, but I promise to always show the clothes and how to dress for less, which is the whole point.




From Head to Toe:

Sweater : Thrifted for $4.99 from Good Will; Brand: American Eagle
Jeans : Thrifted for $4 from Family Thrift; Brand: DKNY
Bag : Thrifted for $3 from Goodwill Outlet; Brand unknown
Boots: Thrifted for $3 from Family Thrift; Vintage

Total Outfit Cost: $14.99

Where did I go/what did I do in this outfit?

Library story time with the kids
Grocery shopping
Walk to the park
Football in the back yard

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love those boots and am jealous of the prices. Our goodwill and VV have much higher prices, except for the sales but those are hit and miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like it! Family Thrift is also my favorite bargain store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those boots! You have great luck thrifting. :-)

    ReplyDelete