Thursday, March 24, 2011

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Context: The whole family was driving home from our second failed attempt to apply for Lazzy's passport afternoon errands when Eli asked for a popsicle. Dan and I told him he could have one after he ate his dinner. Another important detail-Elijah has entered the land of bossyville. We've been constantly fighting against a bossy attitude and encouraging him toward using a nice voice.

Eli: "Um, dada, maybe I can have a little bit of pocksicle (popsicle) before my dinners?"

Dan: "Sure! You had a nice voice, good asking. We can sit on the back porch and have a popsicle before dinner. It's a hot day."

Eli: "Yeah, because I have a nice voice. You like my voice because I'm a kid. Kids like pocksicles dada!"

Elijah now calls himself a kid. I guess he's not a toddler anymore. Hmmm....not sure if I'm ready to move on that quickly. Speaking of moving on, my baby is 7 months old today. YIKES!

1 comment:

  1. He is adorable:) How quickly they grow. A pocksicle actually sounds quite good.

    ReplyDelete