Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Watch out-glee fan here


Yes, I'm a fan of glee. I watch it every Wednesday after it airs on Hulu. I started watching it because it reminds me of my own show choir days in high school. I love to sing and dance! I also think Jane Lynch is hilarious.

I find it funny that after last weeks' raunchy Brittany Spears episode, they decide to focus on God. The characters each have conflicting beliefs and because they are restricted from singing about God himself, they turn to songs about faith, or rather losing your faith. Even though I didn't love the content of this episode, I think it was their strongest musically. With songs from R.E.M. and The Beatles, this episode had me singing along. The best part was definitely when Mercedes belts out a gospel version of Simon and Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Waters".

It's too bad the show ended with Joan Osborne's "One of us". Any ideas of what it meant when Finn finally eats the "grilled cheesus" he had been carrying around all week??

0 comments:

Post a Comment