Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A renter's dream

I LOVE color and so I living in an apartment with cream walls is almost painful. We are not allowed to paints the walls, so I try to make up for it with colorful accents and patterns. Putting art and pictures on the walls breaks up the space, too. Still, every once in a while, I can't help but search the net for colors and patterns.

Lately, I've had my eye on THIS wallpaper. Yes-I said it-WALLPAPER. Wallpaper has gotten a bad rep over the last 20 years. This is probably because of families moving into houses decorated in the 70's who spent the first 6 months in their "new" home tearing down layers of heinous wallpaper. Well, I'm here to say that wallpaper is cool again!!! There are so many choices out there, it's overwhelming. Ferm Living is one of my favorite wallpaper designers and suppliers. I've been following their design blog Clever Spaces for a while and always look forward to seeing their new stuff. Here are some of my favorites:







Modern Chic Home is another place I like to go when my eyes get tired of these cream walls. There is one problem though: cost. It's WAY more expensive than two cans of paint. Thankfully, there is a place where you can get great prints without spending your entire month's grocery budget. Urban Outfitters now carries an assortment of wallpaper that is easy to apply AND remove!! A RENTER"S DREAM!!!

There aren't a ton of choices, but they have some okay stuff. This is the one I've got my eye on-especially since it's on sale for $40. I love that it's a simple color but a bold print. This is the one I would get for a wall in our living room if we could afford to pay full price.

Even if your budget can't afford to wallpaper an entire room, covering one wall is still a great way to ad pizazz to your home. As well, framing a large piece of wallpaper and hanging it as art will make a pretty good statement.

Maybe you'll see my living room sporting a new look soon, or perhaps I might do a wall in my bedroom. If only they sold the wallpaper in the stores. Then I could wait until UO has their 50% off clearance sale!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment