Saturday, October 26, 2013

Parents Say the Darndest Things!

Over the last few months, Dan and I have found ourselves saying (out loud) the weirdest things. Of course, in the midst of the moment, everything makes perfect sense, but the phrases alone are hilarious!

-----------------------------

Lazarus was sticking his fuzzy in his nose one day in the Target check out line. I caught him doing this and said :
"Oh Lazzy, that's yucky. Put it in your ear."

It wasn't until I saw the look on the checker's face that I realized how stupid I must have sounded. She didn't know that fuzzies in his ear were a totally normal and regular thing in our family!

----------------------------

Elijah was trying to have his cake and eat it too while getting dressed. I heard myself say:

"Drop the balloon and focus on your PANTS!"

---------------------------

The boys have been punching themselves in the eye non-stop. Not sure when it began, but it's caught on like wild fire and I find myself saying things like this:

"Hey boys, please wait until after dinner to punch out your eye balls."

------------------------------

Dan has been on a roll lately, too. Something about the third trimester makes him really funny.

While discussing the intricacies of a woman's body and childbirth, Dan says "i'm happy to be a man. lady work is HARD WORK!"
--------------------------------

We were looking at pictures of our friend's new baby girl. I got all excited about our baby girl coming soon and started chatting about it. "We're gonna have a little girl soon, too! Can you believe it? I'm getting really excited!"

Dan responded : "yeah, I know. I don't want to talk about it."

--------------------------------

Dan walks into the room, sees a baby carrier and says "wow, we have a baby coming! so you're serious about this pregnancy thing....."

He might need a little more time....

0 comments:

Post a Comment