Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What I Wore (Thrifted!)

I am so in love with this blouse! It's a little roomy, but that's fine with me. Perfect for a thin little belt or for tucking! I've had my eye on it for a while and decided "Hey, almost everything I own is from a thrift store...it's ok to buy something new every once in a while, right?". Needless to say, I talked myself into it :)






From Head to Toe:

Bird Blouse : Old Navy, $20.00; thanks to a gift card and ON sale, i actually bought something from a real store :) 
Belt : Forever21, $1.50
Jeans : Family Thrift, $4.00; Brand: DKNY
Bag : Goodwill Outlet, $1.50; Brand unkown
Shoes : Goodwill Outlet, $1; Brand: Jessica Simpson (ha!)

Total Outfit Cost: $28.00

I'd like to thank the rest of my outfit for being so incredibly cheap. Shoes, belt, jeans and bag - this WIWW outfit would not have been possible without you ;)


For my hair, I tried a braided bun. So fun and easy. No. Really, I mean it. It's easy!! I did my hair while singing "Jesus Loves Me" AND yelling at Lazzy to stop playing with the toilet lid.
If I can do it, you can, too!


Linking up with:



pleated poppy

15 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, i love your outfit! the bird blouse is lovely! and what great thrifting finds :) i think i need to try your hair tutorial, too. it would make my daily pony-tail a bit more exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's such a great way to spice up the normal pony. i'm definitely never wearing a boring pony tail again!

      Delete
  2. 1. LOVE that top! Good job talking yourself in, you can wear that thing to pieces! 2. Those shoes are fab. Please come teach me your thrifting ways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. put a bird on it! Also - your hair is fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was almost the title of this post! i know birds have been in for a LONG time, but i still love them! i like to think that skit was created just for me :)

      Delete
  4. oh my word….you're hair!!! There is no way I can do that! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the blouse is really pretty, actually the whole outfit is neat!
    and your hair, wow. i cut my hair short last year but when it was long i was never able to do stuff like that with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way! So much of my closet is thrifted that every once in a while I let myself buy something new! Love the blouse!

    Xoxo
    Nicole
    http://RealLifeDressUp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your outfit is great! And the braided bun is gorgeous. Kinda makes me wish I had long hair...

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for the comment on my blog - i really do appreciate it - both the encouragement and pointing out the typo. : ) and I LOVE this outfit - i just told my sister this weekend i wanted something with birds on it! and your hair is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem. i figured you asking your readers meant i had a responsibility :). also, i often get texts from my husband and/or sister about my typos all the time!

      speaking of sisters, i love your relationship with yours. sisters truly are the best!

      Delete
  9. That blouse is SO pretty and your hair is AMAZING!

    preethi
    lace, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm glad you talked yourself into that blouse because it looks great on you :) i will try the hair tutorial but i fear it's not gonna look nearly that cute on me.

    ReplyDelete