Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What I Wore (THRIFTED!)


Preview! 
(Thanks Dan for taking pictures of me instead of helping me close the heavy pocket doors!)


Every year, the restaurant Dan works for has a big appreciation party for all of the staff. There's free food and drinks so although we barely know anyone there (it's actually 2 restaurants worth of staff because of the sister pub), we are thankful for a free night out! I never know what to wear to things like this. I want to get all dressed up but I know everyone else will wear jeans. This time, I literally had 15 minutes to get ready, so this is what I wore:




It's so strange how cameras warp a nice striped shirt. Anyhow, I felt fancy yet casual and had fun in my new heels.

From Head to Toe:

Shirt: Family Thrift, $3.00; Ella Moss
Jeans : Goodwill, $3.99; Mossimo
Heel : Seattle Goodwill, $12; Culture
Bag: St. Louis Goodwill Outlet, $1.50, Vintage
Bracelet/Bangle: City Thistle!

Total cost of outfit: $20.49

I felt tall and comfortably fancy. Plus, the roomy shirt enabled me to shamelessly eat my share of Thai on our 'after party' date.

pleated poppy


Mercantile Muse

8 comments:

  1. Ella Moss is one of my FAVORITE brands. I've actually gotten a few new pieces on discount over at 6pm.com - although it doesn't hold a candle to your $3 find.

    Love finding designer brands thrifted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that clutch! thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's awesome! what great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always so impressed with your thrifty finds. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love thrifting! your finds are magnificent :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow great finds, you and I share the same passion for thrifting! Great Look

    xo Jessica
    www.newlyloved.com

    ReplyDelete